Separate Filers ⟶ FRUSTRATING!
must know the specific filer and directory/folder hierarchy to store or find anything
Global Namespace with Tags ⟶ EASY
keyword search and automatic load balancing are no longer constrained by organizational hierarchy
AUTONOMIC DATA PLACEMENT
Visibility & Control
- Measurably improve productivity and collaboration across sites with faster, easier access to files and multimedia
- Enjoy increased visibility over your unstructured data storage, all under one intelligent system
- Fulfill data governance obligations through explicit policies or high level objectives
- Derive new business insights gleaned from metadata
- Expand and modernize as needed with no dependency on device or manufacturer
- Integrate new server and storage technologies alongside existing equipment w/out painful and expensive forklift upgrades
- Store data where it makes most sense, traversing sites and hardware architectures, based on explicit policies
- The power of object and file access methods in one system with multi-protocol support
Efficiency & Simplicity
- Recover time lost shuffling files around and backing them up
- Avoid disruptive data migrations
- Unify management of different types and profiles of data under one system
- Automate data placement and tracking to optimize capacity and control costs while meeting performance and availability objectives
- Modernize while maximizing the value from existing equipment without having to rip out and replace perfectly good assets.
- Save by transparently relocating inactive data and replicas on lower cost object based storage, deduped and compressed, yet remaining easily accessible as before if needed.
- Defer buying more premium storage by uncluttering it and fully dedicating its capacity and resources for the active data that deserves it
- Avoid consuming costly space and bandwidth by performing functions quickly and cost-effectively at the file level rather than at the volume level
*COMING SOON ❘ **FOR OBJECT STORAGE